Did you think I was gone? You thought wrong. May ended with a significant amount of time spent out of town (and, therefore, spent eating in restaurants). It would have been easy to rejoice...and yet, somehow, when I went grocery shopping on May 31, my basket was filled with pretty much the same things I'd been buying all month. I really enjoyed MIMM, and while MIMJ doesn't have the same melodious ring, it makes sense to keep up at least some of the habits I've acquired. I'm going to keep making bread (as long as my dad lets me keep the bread machine around). It turns out I love polenta. And even though I'm drinking a Diet Coke right now, I actually think that it might be the last one for a long time; it's delicious, but making me feel pretty jittery.
Last night, I made a salad for dinner that was mostly garbanzo beans (the most delightful of the beans, I think). I had a bunch left over, though, so I made hummus this morning before I left the house. My apologies for the vagueness of this recipe; the main quantity is "some".
Hummus
Some garbanzo beans (I used about a cup)
Some olive oil (I used around a third of a cup)
Some garlic (I used two cloves)
Some lemon juice (I used the amount from a whole lemon)
Some cumin (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
Salt and pepper to taste
Put all of the ingredients except for the olive oil in the food processor. Turn it on; while the machine is running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Stop and sample - when it tastes like hummus, you're done. The beauty of hummus is that you can add pretty much anything you like - roasted red peppers, chipotles, black beans, more garlic, eggplant, etc. etc. etc.
Quick Ricotta Dumplings in Tomato Broth
2 months ago
guroooooossssssssssssssssss
ReplyDeletegarbanzo beans :(
Who doesn't like garbanzo beans?
ReplyDeleteGarbonzo is one slick chick.
ReplyDeleteNobody doesn't like garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans are a leading cause of deliciousness in the world. Studies have shown!
ReplyDeleteDuring one of the semesters I spent in Berkeley living in giant co-ops, I was assigned a weekly house workshift of making hummus for 50 hungry hippies who were perpetually on the lookout for instant food. I'd never made hummus before, and we had endless pounds of dried garbanzo beans and one measly normal-sized food processor, and by the end of 20 weeks I'd developed an elegant, utterly unmeasured artistry and a magical sixth hummus sense and I was bestowing upon the world a whole gallon of creamy garlicky condiment every week. I made frequent use of the Some measuring cup, the Dollop spoon, and the Kinda Like That scoop.
Man. That was some good stuff. I should make some hummus!