Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 13: Vegetable Lust

I had a total zucchini hankering all day.

I know, I know. Let me wait for the snickering to die down. I didn't really care what I ate for dinner, as long as it involved zucchini. Luckily, there was one still lurking in our most recent box of produce, and Dara very willingly let me take it. I chopped it up, and tossed it into a hot pan with some diced onion; after several minutes of sauteeing, I adding two beaten eggs and scrambled the whole mess up. With a little goat cheese crumbled on top, I had warm eggy veggie goodness (which I inhaled so fast I forgot to take a picture).

Last week, I found myself worrying a lot about what I'd be eating for each of my meals; I felt like I had to do a lot of thinking and planning. The past few days, though, have felt easier - I've thought a little about what I want to eat, and then cooked it. And while none of it has been anything fancy, it has been filling, nutritious, and good, which is generally what I look for in a meal.

However, I do have to do a better job about eating meals out. On Tuesday, I spent the workday in the field with one of my colleagues, which meant we ate lunch at a (shockingly good) Indian buffet in Rancho Cucamonga. (Seriously, the 909! I'm a snob.) Last night I found out about a viewing party of "Top Chef Masters" at Border Grill, so we trucked over there for mojitos and tacos. Today was Mexican food at lunch for a friend's birthday. I've definitely stuck to my rule about fast food, but for both my wallet and my project, next week has to see a reduction in food that other people cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment